The Calaveras Crisis Center provides many services to individuals and their families dealing with past or present Domestic Violence.
- Peer Counseling:Advocates are available to provide one on one counseling to help victims overcome and heal from past or current domestic violence.
- Support Groups:Advocates facilitate groups for either men or women who want to learn about domestic violence.
- Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) Assistance:Assistance is available Monday through Thursday to complete paperwork, make copies, and inform individuals of the court process and their legal rights with a Restraining Order.
- Accompaniment:Victims of Domestic Violence have the right to emotional support throughout court proceedings, Law Enforcement interviews, social service and healthcare visits. Advocates are available to provide accompaniment upon request.
- Emergency Hospital Response:Advocates are available to provide in-person support and advocacy to victims of Domestic Violence at the hospital 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Telephone Hotline:A Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide telephone crisis support to men and women. (209) 736-4011 or (209) 754-4011
- Referrals:Information about various services in the county are provided to individuals as needed.
- Shelter Program: Temporary emergency shelter is available to individuals and their children who are leaving a Domestic Violence situation. All Crisis Center services are included in the program.
Licensed/Intern Counseling – Limited free counseling services by a licensed therapist or supervised intern.
Domestic Violence Information: